Survey123 Tile Package Issues

04-30-2018 01:07 PM
JoySoulliere
New Contributor II

I have been trying for weeks to get a tile package to work to no avail.

I am trying to see our aerial imagery at a scale of 1:564.  I am using tiff's that have been projected into the Web Mercator Aux Sphere.  I am using the ArcGIS Online tiling scheme with the expanded scales.  I am using ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.2 to create the tile package, although I have tried ArcGIS Pro as well.

My tile package is 20Gb.  I just tried a section at 4Gb but same results.

When I copy the file to the Samsung S8 maps folder it doesn't seem to see it.  It is in the map library but does not show up in the Map Types list inside the survey geopoint map. 

I can see the smaller files 117mb no problem.

I have tried building the tile packages different ways and have tried many things I have read here and still no success.

Is my file to large?? Does it have to be on an SD card??  

I have seriously build about 20 different tile packages and have only had success seeing ones that are clipped and really small. 

Can someone provide details on how they are able to get a large tile package that will allow a user to zoom in to an extent below 1128 using aerial imagery.

Thanks,

Joy

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Joy,

As noted in the documentation linked below, the limitation for offline basemaps is 2GB.  

Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

In the future, we look to support mobile map package which will allow for higher level detail of larger areas.

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos
JoySoulliere
New Contributor II

Thanks.  The document says size limit 2GB on 32 bit devices.

The phone says it is a 64bit but not sure if it is different on phone vrs computer?

Galaxy S8: 64-bit octa core (2.3GHz quad + 1.7GHz quad) processor, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, microSD up to 256GB

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Joy,

Although your device is 64-bit, the app itself is designed to support 32-bit devices.  Therefore, it is not currently possible to utilize the 64-bit capabilities with Survey123.  Utilization of 64-bit is coming in the future, along with the ability to take advantage of mobile map packages.

Stay tuned for the implementation of these features, and thanks for your patience!

Regards,

Brandon

0 Kudos