Survey123 Sept 2021 iOS update lags and crashes when retrieving drafts and uploading surveys

09-22-2021 02:10 PM
SimonNigh
New Contributor III

Since the release of  version  3.13.229 for iOS. we have been experiencing serious performance issues when trying to access surveys saved to draft or when uploading  completed surveys. In both cases it takes approximately 5 mins from selecting the draft folder, to gaining access to the list of saved surveys. Once selected the app becomes unresponsive or crashes (closes). When sending surveys the app attempts upload for approximately 5 mins before crashing. Successful upload sometimes occurs but only if the screen is kept active by pressing on it. Data is not sent.  Tested on iPad gen 5 and gen 6, iPhone 7, iPhone SE gen 2, iPhone XR. iPhone 7 also causes app to crash when trying to take a photo in the app. Reported back in 2020 and still not fixed.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @SimonNigh,

Just letting you know that the Early Adopter Community (EAC) has just been updated with new 3.13 October Update RC builds. These builds include a fix for large surveys with slow loading times, when trying to open the drafts or inbox folder, and when submitting surveys. If you have time, please take a look and test out your surveys with these new builds, and let us know any feedback in the EAC forums. We hope to get this update released and available in the app stores as soon as possible.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ZakBrown
New Contributor II

Hi Phil and Simon,

We seem to be having the same issue. Since v3.13.229 release our larger surveys only are freezing up on submission. I notice the loading time of the survey has increased as well. We have other devices (iOS and Android) which are still running v3.12.277 and these still work fine. On one device we tried before and after the version update and it worked before, not after. I have made a copy of the xls form and simply deleted half the lines in the sheet (1500 down to 700 roughly) and it managed to submit, so it seems to be struggling with large surveys. I have reverted back to 3.12.277 on my Android and can now submit again. Hope that helps a bit with finding the issue.

Zak