Survey123 send error: No mapping exists from object type to a known managed provider native type.

Jump to solution
07-23-2020 10:14 PM
Rachel_AnnaMore-Hla
New Contributor II

Looking for help with a Send Error in Survey123. You can see the error below, and I've attached the xls form too. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
JamesBailey
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Anonymous User 

I should've sent through an update. A couple hours after making my previous post I found the solution in one of your older posts which was what you mentioned above. First Geopoint was null, but thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers

TomDe_Leus1
New Contributor II

Hi Philip,

I created the survey with two geopoints and one geotrace. The geopoints are not stored (null field type), they are used as start- and endpoint of the geotrace. In connect I see that a table is created, not a layer.

If I move the geotrace question above the point questions, a layer is created. But, I need it to come after the geopoints.

So, how can I do that? How can I "force" survey Connect to create a layer even if my first geopoint question is a null field type?  

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @TomDe_Leus1,

Depending on the type of layer you want (geopoint, geotrace, geoshape) put that question first in the survey for that parent or repeat, so that Connect creates the layer with that geometry. After the first successful publish and creation of layer with correct geometry, you can move the null geopoint questions above the geoshape in the XLSForm. When you publish the survey the second time with new order, it will not change the geometry but the other of the questions in the survey form will reflect the new order.

Regards,

Phil.

DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

@Anonymous User - Your recommendations worked for creating the feature layer initially via Connect, but Survey123 is submitting geoshapes with null geometry if the geoshape question is moved to a row lower than a null geopoint after initial publishing.  

My first geo question is a geopoint set to null, then I have a repeat with a geopoint in it, then a geoshape that's calculated from the min/max lat/lon values extracted from the repeat.  

If I publish the survey with the first geo question being null, I end up with a table and an error message that matches the original poster of this thread.  Your recommendation to move the non-null geo question to the top for initial publishing fixes this issue. 

If I do a test submission without changing this order of questions, the geometry for my geoshape is stored. 

If I move it lower than the null geopoint (and the repeat that contains another geopoint), submission succeeds but the geoshape geometry is null. 

If I move it back up to the top of the form, the geometry is included in the submission. 

If I move the first null geopoint below the geoshape (and the repeat table), the geometry is once again included in the submission. 

I've tried this a few times now, including publishing a new survey multiple times.  I also queried the feature layer to make sure it wasn't just an issue with the map viewing visualization.  I'm using Connect 3.13.234, fyi. 

Pictures:

1. Query on first submission, OID1, before moving the non-null geoshape question at the top of the form. 
2 & 3. Query on OID2 & 3 after moving the geoshape below the null geopoint.  OID2 is automatically created with my calculation. OID3 was a manually created polygon in the app. (extent_acres is one of my calcs on the geoshape, so you can tell the app is recognizing it)

4. Query on OID4, after moving the null geopoint to the bottom of the form (and under the repeat), making the non-null geoshape the first geo question in the form again.  Geometry is included on submission. 

DerrickWestoby_3-1640806720123.png

DerrickWestoby_2-1640806662460.png

DerrickWestoby_1-1640806607037.png

DerrickWestoby_0-1640806526612.png

0 Kudos
TomDe_Leus1
New Contributor II

Thanks Phil!

rt60
by
New Contributor

Hi Phil, 

Can you please explain this in a little more context or link to references? I'm having the same issue and can navigate to the schema tab but am not quite sure what you mean.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @rt60,

Can you explain what type of layer you are trying to create and whether you have geopoint, geotrace or geoshape geometry. Also what is the error or problem you are running into?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos