Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Select One Dynamic Default Selection

08-20-2019 08:17 PM
NickolasViau
New Contributor

I have a survey with a select one question that is set up with cascading selects. The choice list for the cascading select is set up such that there will only ever be one choice in the selection. Basically I'm trying to do a field lookup where the user plugs in the name of a site and the next question auto populates with the ID number of that site. The way I'm doing it is when the user selects the site name, the next question for ID num looks to the choices list, where I have a one to one lookup table between site names and ID numbers. The cascading select is working just fine, when I select a site name the ID num question shows a pick list with just one choice for the ID num that corresponds. What I want is for that one choice to be selected by default so the user doesn't have to click/tap to select the one ID num. I tried using the ID num field name as a calculation in it's own question, that didn't work. Is there a way to dynamicaly set the default value to just be the first choice in the list? 

13 Replies
SimonSchütte_ct
Frequent Contributor

The next release is planned for September as mentioned here.

If you don´t want to wait, you can enter the Survey123 Early Adopter Community and join the Beta test.

0 Kudos
MauritsKoenders
Occasional Contributor

I just checked the latest release, but cant find any documentation on this topic?

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Frequent Contributor

Take a look at the Pulldata function, it solved the problem for me. Some options may still be in Beta, so take a look at the Early Adopter Community Survey123 Documentation: "Query a feature layer with the pulldata("@layer") function" when you are logged in.

ahargreaves_FW
Frequent Contributor

I have the same need as @MauritsKoenders and @SMDSAdministrador , namely:

Using the 'Search' appearance in a Select_One but only ever retrieve a single value. It's an extra step to select that answer and use it. My users are complaining...🙄

0 Kudos