Survey123 repeatedly crashing upon opening from a Field Maps link

03-01-2022 05:10 PM
DustyJordan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently using Survey123 v3.14.237 and Field Maps v22.0.1. Myself and some of my field techs have recently started experiencing S123 crashes upon trying to open a form via link in a Field Maps pop-up. After the initial crash, opening S123 by itself (i.e. independently of Field Maps link) causes it to repeatedly crash either immediately or within 30 seconds of the app running.

After awhile I can get S123 to remain open and navigate to the form that was supposed to open via the link. I then switch back to Field Maps and the pop-up link seems to work properly, opens Survey123 and populates the form, and all crashing issues seem temporarily resolved. Has anyone else experienced this recently and know what might be causing it? 

We recently switched this workflow from Collector to Field Maps so I'm not sure if this is a bug in Field Maps, or in Survey123....or in the linkage between them. 

Thanks in advance for any help/insight!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
GailTownsend
New Contributor

Hi, has there been any resolution to this issue? We are also experiencing problems with links from Field maps to Survey123. Most of our forms seem ok still but the more complex forms have this issue - you click on the link and Survey123 tries to open then you are returned to the Field map. It seems to be ok if Survey123 is opened first. We are mainly using Android devices - Samsung A21, A50, and galaxy note 8 mostly. Using Survey123 version 3.14.242 currently.

Thanks

Gail

0 Kudos