Survey123 pulldata () query

09-13-2017 09:59 PM
BronwynRodgers
New Contributor II

I want to select the asset number of successive houses from a list of assets listed in a csv as above, for a form designed for auditing fire safety equipment. How can I use pulldata to achieve that? My choices list is already quite long - I don't really want to use a select_one from a list all houses for multiple sites.

Bronwyn

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bronwyn

This is how I would approach this:

1) Create an external_choice list that contains the address, suburb (if using it) and asset ID and use this as the basis of an address select_one. On publishing - this will create a .csv in your media folder that you then apply pulldata() to, in order to return the asset ID based on the address selected.

2) Use cascading selects to apply a choice filter to limit the list of addresses - you could filter by suburb for example.

3) Use the autocomplete appearance on the address select_one question - so that you can start typing to further filter your results - before making a selection.

4) Use pulldata() to take the selected address and use it to look up the assetID for the property.

Attached is a simple example

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

John

BronwynRodgers
New Contributor II

Thanks very much John. I applied your example into my survey with success!

Bronwyn

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Great to hear. Can you please mark this question as answered?

Thanks

John