Survey123 Nested Groups using Pages with Theme-Grid

Jump to solution
04-19-2021 07:37 PM
AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

Hello Geonet users,

I am having issues using pages with theme-grid and nested groups. I have several nested groups that I cannot seem to get consistent widths. I am looking to have Group 1A, 1B and 1C each on their own full width row, not all three in one row. Within each group the first 5 fields would be a width of 1 and last being full width (5). Attached is an example xlsx form and a picture to show an example. I would appreciate any feedback I might get.

• Group 1= w5
    • Field 1= w5 
    • Field 2= w5
    • Group1A= w5
      • Fields1-5 = w1
      • Field 6= w5
    • Group1B= w5
      • Fields1-5 = w1
      • Field 6= w5
    • Group1C= w5
      • Fields1-5 = w1
      • Field 6= w5
    • Note= w5
  • End Group 1

Regards,

Andy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes you can.  I think I did it by using w1 field-list at the page level.  This basically makes the page not a grid then add your groups that are grids inside of the page group.

Hope that works

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Like this?

DougBrowning_0-1618929597274.png

I moved the last end group to line 6 so that they are not nested anymore.  Hope that works for you.

0 Kudos
AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that is the layout I am looking to accomplish. Thank you for taking the time to work up the example. Though, I should have added a second page to the example, since it is just 1 of a 9 page survey. I may be mistaken, but I believe I must have a group for each page. Do you happen to know of a solution for use with a multi-page survey? Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes you can.  I think I did it by using w1 field-list at the page level.  This basically makes the page not a grid then add your groups that are grids inside of the page group.

Hope that works

0 Kudos
AndrewPadilla
Occasional Contributor

Yes, that was the solution I was looking for! Thank you Doug. I have attached an updated example using Doug's solution.