Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 linked content CSV not updating for all users

Jump to solution
03-16-2023 02:03 AM
JonathanDutrow
New Contributor

We're having an issue with a linked content CSV not updating for all of our users.  The CSV contains email addresses that are updated somewhat regularly.  It seem those of us with creator accounts are seeing the updates just fine, but those with mobile worker accounts are not.  Any ideas on why this would be happening?  Everyone has the most recent version of the survey123 app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanDutrow
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  Turns out I simply hadn't shared the hosted CSV with everyone in our organization.  Those with the creator accounts had access, but the rest did not. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if still true, but it has been that if the user jumps over the initial like, survey info page when they open it, it doesn't get triggered to check for the linked content. This also happens if you're using a URL from another app to open the survey as it skips that screen.

ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

There is a defect 'BUG-000141398' where a CSV or linked content will not be updated if the survey is launched from a custom URL.

The linked content is only updated if the user opens the survey form directly through the Survey123 application. It's more than likely that this is the case. I'd encourage you to contact support and attach your organization to the defect.

Another cause could be that you've published the survey with media, they've downloaded it, and then you've linked the content. I believe they'd need to re-download the survey form so it's aware that there is linked content to check.

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Thank you for sharing that BUG-000141398 is the associated one for this defect, I had added it to my organization and just escalated it now.

More processes we're looking to implement are greatly hindered by what seems like a really basic oversight to me, I really hope it gets addressed soon.

0 Kudos
JonathanDutrow
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions.  Turns out I simply hadn't shared the hosted CSV with everyone in our organization.  Those with the creator accounts had access, but the rest did not. 

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

@JonathanDutrow When you say only Creators could see it how do you mean?

I'm encountering an issue currently where my employee CSV is not updating on several surveys, but the vehicle CSV is updating for them, permissions are the same. And this employee CSV was previously updating fine, and then it does update for one of the surveys I have, but not all.

Interesting is that on my device, as an Admin my list is not updating, my colleague that's an admin it updated on a survey it doesn't for me, and then it seems to be random who's seeing it and who's not otherwise.

EDIT: I ended up fixing this by un-linking and re-linking the CSVs in Connect, republishing (I can't remember if this is needed for Linked Content changes), and DELETING the survey from the device, then re-downloading it. The delete is the key, I had to both re-link AND delete the survey on the device, only doing one did not work.

0 Kudos