Survey123 & Integrated Windows Authentication

12-19-2017 07:33 AM
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

All,

We've setup ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1 with Integrated Windows Authentication and it works really well, the issue I am running into has to do to Survey123.

When we start Survey123 Connect version 2.5.44 (latest) and configure our Portal, we can select either prompt with External Browser or not, on one computer the SignIn button is completely deactivated (i.e. you can click on it and it does nothing) or it opens a page and hangs.

Has anyone successfully integrated Survey123 with IWA? In theory Esri supports IWA with Survey123.

Anyone have this issue?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Kieren

I can confirm that Survey123 does support IWA and we have successfully tested it against many IWA portals. Issues usually result from the configuration of the portal machines certificate.

Can you confirm that the certificate is CA or domain issued, and it is in the trusted store for the device running Survey123?

Also can you confirm that you have tested both internal and external browsers and that you experienced no issues when actually adding the portal to Survey123?

A screen dump of what you are seeing would also be helpful.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Jordan,

Thank you for responding. The certificates are CA and not domain.

We can also connect through a web browser.

I am actually trying to connect to the portal with the desktop application which is used to design the surveys, not Survey123 (the app) yet.

We are working through some vpn items first.

As for screen shots, when i click the sign in button for my portal the system simply does nothing. If i connect to a portal using portal authentication it works.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Then next steps on this are to capture some log files when attempting to login.

These would be both Survey123 logs: Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS and Fiddler logs (or equivalent).  

Please email them through to jhasthorpe at Esri dot com.

0 Kudos
KierenTinning2
New Contributor III

Thanks,

I forgot to respond, it was actually an SSL error due to a misconfiguration, which we sorted out. Survey123 didn't indicate a problem, but Fiddler highlighted the issue and we figured it out.

Kieren

Terraflow Geomatics Inc

ktinning@terraflow.ca

416-689-8197