Survey123 input mask

Jump to solution
04-30-2019 07:38 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

I have a decimal question where possible values can go from n.nn to nn.nn. The input mask I set is 90.00 but then it won't allow values less than 10. Should i rather work this with a constraint like .>1 and .<100

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Aha, apparently this is a known issue. On exactly the same page I mentioned above (Esri custom columns—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) there is a little note:

Full support for input masks is still in progress. You may observe issues when using delimiters or after entering a value.

So, there is the answer to your question... 😞

Good to see you found an alternative solution. You might mark your question as being answered.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Rene Aubut‌,

Please have a look at this page: Esri custom columns—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS, and scroll down to the section Input mask.

It looks like your input mask should be set to 00.00 (instead of 90.00) or maybe even 09.99, because

ASCII digit required. 0 through 9.

ASCII digit permitted but not required.

HTH,

Egge-Jan

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Egge-Jan

don't know if its a bug but the same happens. The fact there is a "." after two not required digits makes it impossible to input a value less than 10

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

How come? The input mask 09.99 should allow values like 2.37, 8.19 and 1.07. But you say it doesn't? What error message do you get?

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

there are no error message, but having a decimal point at the second position in "09.99" or "00.00" makes survey123 expect 2 digits before the decimal point. If i enter just one digit before the decimal point, it will show as 1 .23. written in red meaning invalid input. Maybe its a bug but i remove the input mask and used this constraint: .>1 and .<99.99, so now its working fine but still wondering why the input mask did not work as indicated in the references

0 Kudos
Egge-Jan_Pollé
MVP Regular Contributor

Aha, apparently this is a known issue. On exactly the same page I mentioned above (Esri custom columns—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ) there is a little note:

Full support for input masks is still in progress. You may observe issues when using delimiters or after entering a value.

So, there is the answer to your question... 😞

Good to see you found an alternative solution. You might mark your question as being answered.

RUMCARRENO
New Contributor

I used to work with this regex as a constraint.

regex(., '^[0-9]+(\.[0-9]{1,2})?$')

But i like most your expression. Thank you!

0 Kudos