Survey123 images won't show on Ipad

Jump to solution
10-11-2017 11:44 PM
niklasGregersen
New Contributor III

Hi Geonet

I have created a Survey using Survey123 Connect with the advanced template in Excel and put 3 images in my media folder. The 3 images show perfectly on my laptop where I created the survey, but they won't show on my Ipad or when I try and show the survey through the URL online. Is there something I do wrong?

I have tried with .png, .jpg and .tif extensions in Excel.

Regards

Niklas

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

iOS is really particular about case sensitivity. I would check to see if the file names are identical with case sensitivity.

Ex: picture.jpg 

vs. Picture.jpg

In my experience, this makes a difference with iOS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

iOS is really particular about case sensitivity. I would check to see if the file names are identical with case sensitivity.

Ex: picture.jpg 

vs. Picture.jpg

In my experience, this makes a difference with iOS

niklasGregersen
New Contributor III

Hi Bethany

Thanks, this helped. I had the case sensitivity correct in the image file name, however the extension .jpg was written as .JPG in my excel document, as the extension suggested from the file (actually it suggested "JPEG") which caused the problem. When I changed it to .jpg as your post suggested it solved the case.

Thanks a lot.

BethanyBerry
New Contributor III

Glad to hear that worked!

0 Kudos
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

I just had the same issue where an image wasn't showing up in a survey on either my iPad or iPhone (both operating on the latest version of iOS 13.3). I changed the extension from .jpg to .JPG and it worked! I find this strange though because some old surveys I have published use the .jpg extension and the image shows up fine in the survey on both iOS devices. Maybe someone from the Survey123 team can chime in? 

survey123.‌ survey123media‌ survey123 note‌

James Tedrick

0 Kudos
Shwu-jingJeng
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert,

What version of field app and Connect are you using? We had fixed some photo related issue with iOS 13, but the case sensitive is still true when referencing the image in Media folder:

Media—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Could you provide me information on the versions of the Connect and field app you find the difference?

Could you also confirm that the file name are identical in both Media folder and your xls form?

0 Kudos