Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Image unique name

07-15-2020 08:50 AM
LiudmilaMaslova
Emerging Contributor

Hello, everyone! I am working on Survey123 project, and I cannot get an image to acquire unique name matching instance name or date?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

your row in the spreadsheet should look like the above.  the name should not contain special character other than underscore.  When you take the photo it should automatically attach date and time. Do you have editor tracking enabled on your feature? 

LiudmilaMaslova
Emerging Contributor

Thank you, Robert for replying

My editor was disabled. After, I have enabled Inbox I can see I have name "Picture 20200715-......" date backwards and a random number. Should I put a query to the query expression in Inbox like that image=${username}, so I can get user name as the name of the image?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

I have been trying to get something different into the image name and have not been successful. If you get something working I would love to see it.

I have my surveys set up to include the created_by so I it is in there.

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

It does the date backwards so they can be sorted alpha numerically.  If it was just a date you could sort by the date itself. so it will sort by year, month day, time.

0 Kudos
LiudmilaMaslova
Emerging Contributor

Hello, Robert 

I found workaround way. I have decided to add a watermark to the picture with Data/Time. I added expresion in the bind::esri:parameters column as watermark=@[datetime:d MMM yyyy HH:mm]. Working well

Watermarks—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

0 Kudos
RobertBorchert
Honored Contributor

Thanks I will look into it. 

0 Kudos