Survey123 Hover glossary

Jump to solution
08-18-2021 10:43 AM
JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if there is a way to create pop ups in survey 123, to indicate definition or clarification of key/words or terms?  So that when a user is filling out the survey, they can hover over an 'i' for example to get more info related to a particular question or term used in a survey question?

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jen,

There are 2 options I'm aware of which may get you near to what you want. Firstly you could create a group of questions which is compact by default, containing further information or explanation of the question above it, or you could use guidance hints. We use the first of these options quite regularly to display extra supporting information to users.

Hope that helps

Rob Ward

View solution in original post

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Agree with above a group seems to work best.  We use this for diagrams.

Images drop down.gif

Guidance hints was a great idea but it fits so little text that it is not very useful.  

Another trick is to use hints with a HTML font tag to make it smaller.

Hover does not work on a tablet is prob why they do not have it.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jen,

There are 2 options I'm aware of which may get you near to what you want. Firstly you could create a group of questions which is compact by default, containing further information or explanation of the question above it, or you could use guidance hints. We use the first of these options quite regularly to display extra supporting information to users.

Hope that helps

Rob Ward

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Agree with above a group seems to work best.  We use this for diagrams.

Images drop down.gif

Guidance hints was a great idea but it fits so little text that it is not very useful.  

Another trick is to use hints with a HTML font tag to make it smaller.

Hover does not work on a tablet is prob why they do not have it.

Hope that helps.

JenMcRuer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @RobWard and @DougBrowning

Just a quick follow up question: the guidance hint suggestions are for use with Survey123 Connect?  If so, are there suggestions for Survey123 (web builder)? 

In the web builder option, I have used groups with explanations above, but for language throughout, it would be helpful to have 'hints' or 'pop ups' for clarity. 

I may have to go the route of making a storymap glossary (as the survey will be embedded)... but this is the last resort. 

Thanks again, 

Jen

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I do not know never used the web builder.  I always use Connect.  Sorry.

0 Kudos