Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Geopoint Calculation only Correct from mobile, showing (0,0) from web form submission

07-03-2024 08:14 AM
CClark
by
New Contributor

I have a calculation set up for my geopoint question in Survey123 connect.  The submission from the mobile app is correct, however when you submit from the web form the geopoint question results in (0,0) placing my survey point off the coast of Africa!

CClark_0-1720019592317.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There have been several posts with pulldata on the web.  Usually it is that pulldata does really not like being inside an if.  I am thinking it is the if statement you have with pulldata in it.  Break those two pulldata calls out to temp fields.  Then in the if just pick which temp pulldata field you want.  You could add a relevant on these pulldata temp fields so it only makes one call if performance becomes an issue.

Hope that makes sense.

0 Kudos
CClark
by
New Contributor

Thank You for the suggestion.  I did end up breaking the pulldata out of the if statements to make it easier to follow the logic and troubleshoot.  Unfortunately, this did not change the result.  I added visual fields for each step so I could check the calculations and they are all correct; the only thing not working is the geopoint (and only in the web form).  Even when I attempt to recalculate in Survey123 web, it shows correct map placement and coordinates, however goes back to (0,0) for geopoint after submission.

0 Kudos
CClark
by
New Contributor

I added a location calc field to check that my coordinates are correct from the pulldata function....

From mobile submission:

CClark_0-1720023442550.png

From web form submission:

CClark_1-1720023499554.png

0 Kudos