Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 form Inbox shows other user, not the logged in user

04-01-2024 12:23 PM
Lisa_G
by
New Contributor III

Hi, this Survey123 form was created with Connect. It is version 3.16 and field staff use Samsung tablets S7 5G

I received a 2nd complaint today that the logged in user saw another user name showing up in his Inbox.   ECI = Environmental Compliance Inspector

For the Inbox I have an instance_name that looks like below. I am calling the field for Lead_ECI_Name in the instance_name. And, I haven't had any issues with the instance_name at all. And yes, those are 'pipes' I use to separate the resulting instance_name.

concat(${Review_Approval}, " || ",${ECI_ResubmissionReview}," ||", ${Case_Number}," || ", ${Operation_Date}, " || ", ${Lead_ECI_Name}, " || ", ${Incident_ST_Address}, ", ",${City_State_Zip})

The first field user sent me a screenshot of his Inbox and interestingly it shows the 2nd user's name, but this particular name didn't even have an agol account yet. I had Kahlid's name listed in the Choices tab as the 2nd ECI. The question in the form is a 'select one' and I use autocomplete in appearance.

Lisa_G_0-1711999090441.png

When I check the database, the submitted record shows the logged in Username, not Kahlid's name. This is the exact same problem that I heard about this morning, the 2nd complaint. So what might be going on here? My first thought was the instance_name, but it seems to be working fine with these 2 exceptions. Could this be a device issue? Or is there a better way to write the instance_name? As always, I appreciate any help! Many thanks, LisaG

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

What did you enter in the Query expression in Inbox settings?

YukoYokozawa_0-1712004276964.png

0 Kudos
Lisa_G
by
New Contributor III

Hi Yuko,

Yes, I do have a query expression under options

Lisa_G_0-1712005157062.png

0 Kudos
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Take the (Review_Approval <> 'approved') off, and test. If user can see only his data, then that's the problem part. Check the field name and is the data 'approved' right? can be 'Approved' or 'approve' so something like that?

0 Kudos
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

3.16 is a very old version. Current is I think 3.19.21. You should update Survey123 Connect, the XLSForm, republish it, and ensure users are on the latest version of the field app.

The name you are seeing in the form is an instance name. I understand it's the bold field below:

concat(${Review_Approval}, " || ",${ECI_ResubmissionReview}," ||", ${Case_Number}," || ", ${Operation_Date}, " || ", ${Lead_ECI_Name}, " || ", ${Incident_ST_Address}, ", ",${City_State_Zip})

If Lead_ECI_Name is a select-one autocomplete, the most logical answer is they've chosen that user.

When I check the database, the submitted record shows the logged in Username, not Kahlid's name.

What is shown? Lead_ECI_Name, or Creator? You are using Creator for the Inbox filter and then identifying that Lead_ECI_Name is different to the filter? It doesn't prove that the Creator = Lead ECI Name.

Double check both the Lead_ECI_Name and the Creator fields for the record identified. If there's still an issue, try updating your survey, then share the XLSForm so we can take a look.