Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Feature Reporter Missing Final Day of Month Data

12-05-2023 06:42 AM
bsklaohfl
New Contributor III

Hello,

As my post states, when pulling a feature report using the date filter parameter, the feature reporter does not pull data collected on the final day of the month. This is the second time this has occurred, so it is a repeating issue. Please see the screenshots below as examples. One important note is I am not using the default creation date field, rather a dateTime type field on Survey123 Connect with the Default value as now()

Does anyone have any advice for me? Could this be a time zone issue, as I am on EST time?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I see the same behaviour in my database (e.g., November 30 only appears when I expand the range to December 1):

abureaux_1-1701792102422.png

This is not an issue with the query though. I really hate simplified queries, because it's hard to tell if it is >= or just >. In this case, it IS >= as I see November 1 when I search for November 1. This leads me to believe that some weird UTC stuff may be going on here, so we don't see what we should be seeing.

bsklaohfl
New Contributor III

Thank you for responding. It's nice to know it's not just me. What is your solution for this? Like, are you just querying the entire month +1 day habitually now?

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

It's rare I have to do this type of request. It was more happenstance that I needed to run the request this last week.

While super annoying, yes, I'd add 1 day to both ends of the query. From my point of view, it's far less risky to have a few extra reports in the output (from either the previous or subsequent month) than it is to potentially miss reports all together. You can always set the output name to quickly delete anything that shouldn't be there.

I am thinking that this may need to be logged as a deficiency since I doubt it is intended functionality.

bsklaohfl
New Contributor III

I agree about the deficiency. I will adjust the workflow to add 1 day to both ends of the query as suggested. Thank you for your input.

0 Kudos