Survey123 Feature Report | change symbol on map to point in the direct the photo was taken

Jump to solution
04-26-2022 01:54 PM
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

I want to take this location image and have the arrow point in the direction the photo was taken. Is that possible?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1651006406242.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MichelleWilliamsERM

There are a couple of options:

- The Survey123 Report Template syntax does support a rotate parameter on the geopoint question. With this the pin is still going to show vertically it's just the basemap that's going to rotate. 

- If you would like the basemap to remain north up and only the location symbol rotate I would suggest creating a web map and rotating the symbology in the web map, then you can specify the mapSettings parameter and point to the web map item ID for the web map that was created and then that will display in your report. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @MichelleWilliamsERM

There are a couple of options:

- The Survey123 Report Template syntax does support a rotate parameter on the geopoint question. With this the pin is still going to show vertically it's just the basemap that's going to rotate. 

- If you would like the basemap to remain north up and only the location symbol rotate I would suggest creating a web map and rotating the symbology in the web map, then you can specify the mapSettings parameter and point to the web map item ID for the web map that was created and then that will display in your report. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

@ZacharySutherby,  Can I remove the arrow, so it's just the dot, on the feature report?