Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Experience Builder widget in edit mode deleting hidden values

Jump to solution
03-29-2024 05:25 PM
Rar_Katia
New Contributor II

I'm building an Experience Builder with a number of surveys. One of the windows is the edit mode of a survey to allow my user to switch feature status from open to closed. The problem is that in my original survey, much of it calculates values behind the scene to not overwhelm the user with information, and these hidden values don't carry over after the edit is made in edit mode. I can reveal the values, but that makes them editable, and the same issue happens when the values are read only enabled. 

Has anyone run into this issue? Is there a workaround? My concern is that I don't want my user to accidentally change the values by disabling read only, but there seems to be no other option. 

0 Kudos
12 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

mmmm never seen that happen.  I would take a look at either a second 123 form that has just this question in it that links to the same service.  Or if it is simply that one status field let them do it in the attribute table or use a Web form linked to the same service then use the regular edit widget.  Would be much simpler and safer so that no values are affected at all.  If you want to be super safe you could even create a view that has just that field so the other fields are totally read only or hidden.

0 Kudos
Rar_Katia
New Contributor II

Do you know of any how tos out there for linking the second form to the same service? I've never seen this done before.

0 Kudos