Survey123 Error 404 map server not found when publishing from web form

05-17-2023 09:11 AM
AmyKlug
Occasional Contributor III

I am working with Esri on this but no luck figuring it out yet but thought I'd throw it out to the community. Logged into Portal for ArcGIS and after an upgrade from 10.8.1 to 11.1. When publishing a web form survey we get this message: survey123 error 404: service hosted/survey123_1d642160c94e4d479bf5fc61901b4600_form/mapserver not found

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
GaryBowles1

I assume you've tried this but was the original service published using pro or desktop? If desktop, then republish with pro and it should be available.

--gary

0 Kudos
ChristinaKellum
New Contributor III

Did you ever figure out what the issue and solution?  We are experiencing a similar issue but it happens when trying to publish a simple survey, and also happens when trying to create a new feature on Portal. 

0 Kudos
SteveHeadley
New Contributor

@ChristinaKellum 

Same issue here from Survey123 and new feature in Portal. Discovered it is any hosted service on Portal. Even from Pro, cannot create hosted service. Anyone know why?

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

In our situation we worked with Esri professional services and discovered that our caching was too long between two hosting servers and a file share server. We used powershell to set the cache on both hosting servers to (see below) and that fixed our problem

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -DirectoryCacheLifetime 5

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileNotFoundCacheLifetime 2

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileInfoCacheLifetime 5

Since we do not have a high availability cluster, we eventually decided to go down to one hosting server and put the shared files from the file server on the single hosting server. 

0 Kudos
ChristinaKellum
New Contributor III

@SteveHeadley 

We also were seeing the same issue with "immediate consistency" in our multi-server hosting site and changed our smb client configuration  following setting:

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -DirectoryCacheLifetime 0

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileNotFoundCacheLifetime 0

Set-SmbClientConfiguration -FileInfoCacheLifetime 0

I figured this out after finding this article. https://community.esri.com/t5/implementing-arcgis-blog/troubleshooting-files-shares-and-arcgis-enter...

NOTE: we did not modify OPLocks configuration.

With that said we still do not have enough data to determine if there are true performance issues yet, but that is something we are keeping an eye out.  Our temporary solution before we understood the problems was to turn off one of the ArcGIS Services on one of the hosting servers.

0 Kudos
ChristinaKellum
New Contributor III

Essentially what what happening was one call (create feature) was successful, but then a second call (update feature) fails, because it doesn't know that the first call was successful.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

That sounds about right......

0 Kudos
ChristinaKellum
New Contributor III

Something that I would be curious about is where/what type of storage you both are store the config files?  The strange thing about this issue, is that it's not a consistent issue with all Enterprise deployments.  So I wonder if there is something else within our infrastructure that we have in common.  That may be a conversation outside of this chat though.

0 Kudos
AmyKlug

We use windows EC2's in AWS and use the drives and EBS storage

0 Kudos