Survey123 Email Attachments using Gmail in Integromat

Jump to solution
01-11-2022 07:23 AM
ErinAas3
New Contributor II

I am trying to include attachments to emails from a survey, using Integromat modules; Survey123, HTTP, Gmail.

The flow is working, however the attachments are not coming through as they should be.   Per the blog "working-with-survey123-attachments-in-integromat"  https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/survey123/field-mobility/working-with-survey123-attachment...

If the survey feature layer is secured, (Which mine is) you also need to provide a valid ArcGIS token, otherwise Integromat will not be able download the file. The token can also be fetched from the Survey123 module. 

However, I cannot find any documentation on how to provide a token or fetch it from the Survey123 module.  

Could someone please provide me with this information?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

If the feature layer is secured, I'm assuming the submission is from a named user account and not anonymous?  You can grab the token right from the watch webhook module in integromat: 

DerrickWestoby_0-1641919084631.png

To download the photo, add   ?token=[token] to the end of the image URL

DerrickWestoby_1-1641919155322.png

This example is downloading attachments (in a repeat) via an iterator and then uploading them to google drive.  I believe you can add them to an email one by one as well, but I haven't tried that.  

FYI - My integromat emails are limited to 3mb and I THINK that's a limitation of Integromat overall.  It might just be my Outlook365 email, but I have a 20mb cap on that account and I seem to remember having the same 3mb limitations with Gmail and Outlook both. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

If the feature layer is secured, I'm assuming the submission is from a named user account and not anonymous?  You can grab the token right from the watch webhook module in integromat: 

DerrickWestoby_0-1641919084631.png

To download the photo, add   ?token=[token] to the end of the image URL

DerrickWestoby_1-1641919155322.png

This example is downloading attachments (in a repeat) via an iterator and then uploading them to google drive.  I believe you can add them to an email one by one as well, but I haven't tried that.  

FYI - My integromat emails are limited to 3mb and I THINK that's a limitation of Integromat overall.  It might just be my Outlook365 email, but I have a 20mb cap on that account and I seem to remember having the same 3mb limitations with Gmail and Outlook both. 

ErinAas3
New Contributor II

Worked like a charm.  Thanks for the assistance.