Survey123 - Download sample template error

Jump to solution
11-08-2019 09:52 PM
ScottStanton__GISP
New Contributor III

I created a grid-theme survey with Survey123 Connect version 3.6 and am trying to create a feature report. I had been using an older version of Survey123 Connect and have had success creating feature reports in the past. Unfortunately, I wanted to try the grid-theme and the old version didn't work anymore.

Currently using portal and when I go to download the sample template, I receive an error: "Item specified by surveyitemid does not exist or is not accessible". I went through and created my own template, but receive the same error when generating the report.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottStanton__GISP
New Contributor III

Hello Keith, I actually found a workaround. I'd be interested to know if it works for you as well. I published the survey in connect, and then re-published the same survey in the web designer. Once I did that step, the feature reports worked.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

Can you open a support issue with Esri Support regarding this? It sounds like there is an issue with the Survey123 website accessing the Portal.

KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Any progress on this question? I have survey123 on portal 10.7 and I can't upload any report templates. "Item specified by surveyitemid does not exist or is not accessible". The survey was made with survey123 connect 3.7.60. --Keith

0 Kudos
ScottStanton__GISP
New Contributor III

Hello Keith, I actually found a workaround. I'd be interested to know if it works for you as well. I published the survey in connect, and then re-published the same survey in the web designer. Once I did that step, the feature reports worked.

JillianRizzo
Esri Contributor

Hi Scott Stanton, GISP

Thank you for sharing that workaround, I used it with a customer and it solved his problem as well. 

farahSrour
New Contributor III

how I can  re-published the same survey in the web designer

0 Kudos
KeithOlsen
Occasional Contributor

Hi James. I'm having the the same problem as Scott. I can login to my enterprise surveys from survey123.arcgis.com, but I cannot generate feature reports. This is with a federated enterprise at 10.7.1. Download sample template fails in the Feature Reports -> Manage Templates area on the survey123.arcgis.com site. I get the error "Item specified by surveyItemId does not exist or is not accessible" which doesn't make sense. Same error when I try to generate reports.

I'm using Survey123 Connect 3.7.60 with list classes and other code I don't think is available to the web designer. Is this a case of feature reports just not being available for enterprise yet?

Thanks,

--Keith

#sruvey123 report template#feature reports

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Keith,

Can you review the limitations section at Feature report templates—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation ?  Based on your description, it sounds like your ArcGIS Enterprise implementation is not public facing (or is using IWA or has an internally issued SSL certificate).

0 Kudos
TrishaSchlake
New Contributor III

James, 

I am having a similar issue of not being able to use Survey123 Feature Report Templates within our Enterprise Portal. Our ArcGIS Enterprise is public facing and uses Micrsoft Azure (SAML) for enterprise login. Is this the same limitation that IWA has? I noticed that this IWA limitation also exists for webhooks with Integromat and Survey123. Having problems in both instances.   

This is the error I am receiving when I try to Create a sample template in the Feature Report Template using Survey123 with our Enterprise Portal. 

Our Enterprise Portal is 10.7.1. My Survey123 Connect form was designed using 3.7.57 version.

Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Trisha

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Trisha,

SAML logins should not be affected by the limitation of IWA (which places the authentication challenge on the web adaptor, the reason for the limitations with that security model).

Can you open a support ticket with Esri Support to further troubleshoot this issue?

0 Kudos