Survey123 Connect - Schema Preview Empty

09-10-2017 08:34 AM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

The Schema Preview within Survey123 Connect (v. 2.3.24) is empty for my form.  I have tried deleting the form folder and creating a new form utilizing the generic advanced template without success....

Anyone else have this problem?  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Oscar,

I haven't seen a situation where the schema preview is blank. You might want to try closing & re-opening Survey123 Connect, or 'refresh' the survey design manually.

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

I actually deleted Connect and reinstalled without any success.

Oscar A. Sepulveda III

Captain-Paramedic

Pasadena Fire Department

Fire Station 36 C Shift

1140 N. Fair Oaks Ave.

Pasadena, CA. 91103

Office (626)797-5092

Mobile (805)680-1855

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Just to confirm, you can see the form in Form Preview, but the Schema preview (the listing of fields) is blank, correct?  

0 Kudos
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

The schema is empty as well as the Form Preview.

Oscar A. Sepulveda III

Captain-Paramedic

Pasadena Fire Department

Fire Station 36 C Shift

1140 N. Fair Oaks Ave.

Pasadena, CA. 91103

Office (626)797-5092

Mobile (805)680-1855

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks- the issue is that you form failed in it's initial processing.  Attempt to 'refresh' the form (the icon with a spreadsheet and circular arrows - Survey123 Connect Refresh Icon)- this will cause a new attempt to process the form.  If the form does not have any errors that prevent processing, it will populate.

0 Kudos
EricLussier1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue as James. When I create "New Survey" Converting XLSForm progress bar gets to the end, but never terminates.

I have notice that the xml file in the My Survey Designs / "survey folder" remains at 0 KB... It is probably why the schema previous is empty.

the xml file related to the survey is not created.

Any idea?

0 Kudos
deleted-user-ROabVzfY3erf
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm having the same issue since last week. I'm unable to preview new and created surveys. Any idea if it's going to be fixed.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Carlos,

What version of Survey123 Connect are you using and on what OS, also what version of Excel? Does the issue occur for all surveys, or just a specific one. Can you share an example of your survey to see if we can replicate?

Thanks.

Phil.

0 Kudos
AdamDaily
Occasional Contributor II

I came across this post looking for answers to the same problem. I'm using survey connect 2.5.44. My survey loads, but Schema Preview window is empty. The excel sheet works ok and no errors in connect when saving, but the survey stops functioning properly (for example relevant statements stop working). The update/refresh icon in survey does not fix it, nor does creating a new survey from the existing template.

It seems it might  have something to do with re-ordering rows (cut/insert cut cells) or adding or deleting rows/columns in the survey or choices worksheet (not required/default columns). Hard to pinpoint, I've done all those things before without issues.

0 Kudos