Survey123 Connect - Painfully Slow

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 09:34 AM
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

I just downloaded ArcGIS Survey123 Connect (3.12.232) to create a new survey to publish to AGOL. I installed the application and upon opening the application it is painfully sluggish.  Hovering over the three ellipses for each survey, the pop-up will fade-in in steps over about 4-5 seconds.  Hovering over  the existing published surveys the image will zoom in/out extremely slow (2-3) seconds in steps.  Opening a small survey will take 2-3 minutes.

Never had this issue with other versions.  I tried re-downloading the app and reinstalling with the same results.  Also tried installing as Administrator and tried both the 32 and 64 bit versions.  Additionally, uninstall does not work from Windows Control Panel.

I also tried to create a new blank survey with the same results.

Running on Windows 10, 64 Bit OS.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LanceCole,

What make/model Windows machine are you on? Does it have high end specs (CPU, RAM, graphics card) or is it a lower end / older machine?

We have made some improvements in 3.13 beta and are using newer underlying frameworks (AppStudio, Qt, Runtime etc) which some of these components were slowing things down a bit in 3.12 especially on older or slower Windows machines. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to resolve this in 3.12, but hopefully once 3.13 is released you will continue to see these improvements.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Additional Info: Downloaded the beta 64bit version of Survey123 Connect (3.13.127) and it runs without issues.  However, I cannot use a beta in our production environment.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LanceCole,

What make/model Windows machine are you on? Does it have high end specs (CPU, RAM, graphics card) or is it a lower end / older machine?

We have made some improvements in 3.13 beta and are using newer underlying frameworks (AppStudio, Qt, Runtime etc) which some of these components were slowing things down a bit in 3.12 especially on older or slower Windows machines. Unfortunately, there is no workaround to resolve this in 3.12, but hopefully once 3.13 is released you will continue to see these improvements.

Regards,

Phil.

LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Philip, I am running this on a high end Dell Precision Workstation.  It is not new but never had any issues with any CAD or GIS applications.

Dell Precision T3610 Workstation

Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042)

32 GB DDR3 Memory

Intel Xeon E5-1620 CPU (3.70 GHz)

NVIDIA Quatro K5000 Card

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Philip, 

I just opened the same survey on my system using 3.13 beta and I am now getting the same slow response.  I also tried 3.12 and 3.13 beta on another new system (Dell Precision 3650) with the same results.

Dell Precision T3650 Workstation

Windows 10 Pro (10.0.19042)

16 GB DDR4 Memory

Intel Xeon W-1390P CPU (3.50 to 5.30 GHz)

NVIDIA Quatro P2200 Card

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @LanceCole,

Does this occur for all surveys, or just some? Can you share the XLSForm that can reproduce this issue? Including any media folder csv files and folders. Do you have any large choice lists in these surveys?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos