Survey123 Connect - How are Image Questions handled when you build a new survey off existing Feature Service

12-13-2022 12:26 AM
CMSchelde
New Contributor III

I have built a survey off an existing Feature Service (Survey # 1) that include 10 image questions, but when I create survey # 2 from the Survey # 1 Feature Service all 10 of the image questions are not visible. there is only one image question.  How are the image questions managed between the two feature services? Thanks for any help and best practices you can provide. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
LeenaAbdulqader
Esri Contributor

Hello @CMSchelde 

I hope you are doing well.

Could you please explain more about how you used the survey1 feature layer in survey2? can you list the steps? 

Best,

Leena Abdulqader | Technical Support Analyst
Esri Support Services
0 Kudos
CMSchelde
New Contributor III

I think it would be easier if i could speak with Ismael and Zach on the Survey123 Team. I'm basically creating a new survey in Survey123 Connect that is based on an existing Feature Service. In the new survey only one image question is available to use. How is Survey123 Connect managing the 10 image questions between Survey # 1 and Survey # 2.

0 Kudos
MichelleWilliamsERM
Occasional Contributor III

I missed your attached photo when I first replied. 

See how your name in the Hosted Service is foto1, and you changed the names in the 2nd survey. The name needs to be exactly the same as the hosted service; that's why it brings down all the data in the Excel file. You can change the labels

MichelleWilliamsERM_0-1670950603735.png

But you can't change the schema, like the length of the field.

It's like looking through a window at your live data, you can use the fields, but you can't change most things.

If this is your first time using the hosted service, the best way to start is to use the fields that are brought down and move and delete them, you can't add new fields here, you'll have to build new fields in the master, publish, and then you can add the new field into your 2nd survey.

I hope that helps.

0 Kudos
CMSchelde
New Contributor III

Thanks Michelle for your comments. I still would like to reach out to the Survey123 Team to get their take on this. 

0 Kudos