Survey123 Connect App Error 301 Moved Permanently When Publishing Form to ArcGIS Enterprise

09-24-2020 12:17 AM
BramantiyoMarjuki
New Contributor II

Hello, Currently I manage an ArcGIS Enterprise Deployment, and recently my users complaint about they cant publish Survey123 Forms using Survey123 Connect App for Windows, 

All of the users includes me the main administrator has this problem. 

Problem that we had is we failed to publish form using Survey123 Connect Apps, we got Error 301 Moved Permanently (Error message Attached), 

The strange thing is the Survey Folder and The hosted feature services actually successfully created inside the portal, but the form is failed to upload. 

But the problem is not happens if we create the Forms using Survey123 Website connected to our portal. 

I dont know if this problem is related to the CORS implementation in the server, So I have added the survey123 website URL to allowed CORS in the REST Handlers of server administrative directory. 

And this problem is started to happen after I upgraded the portal to 10.8.1 from 10.7.1

Any helps and solution are welcomed

thank you so much

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Bramantiyo Marjuki‌, 

Is there a HTTP to HTTPS redirect configured with the ArcGIS Enterprise environment? 

If so we have a defect logged for this behavior. The defect is "BUG-000116136-Survey123 Connect for ArcGIS sends an empty payload for the /addtodefinition and /updateDefinition calls if the server responds with a 301 or 302 during the publishing process, which results in empty hosted feature layers."

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
BramantiyoMarjuki
New Contributor II

Thank you Zachary, exactly like you have been explained, after a thorough inspection by local ESRI Staffs in my country, the problem is I have not enable the HTTPS only configuration in the portal settings. 

GabrielaWaesch1
New Contributor

Has there been any update this (solution, anything?). I have checked my portal settings, reset everything, updated the survey123, and am still encountering the 301 error. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GabrielaWaesch1

Typically we have seen this behavior when there is an HTTP to HTTPS redirect configured on IIS instead of handled by the ArcGIS Enterprise organization. The workaround has been to disable the redirect on IIS and set the ArcGIS Enterprise Organization to HTTPS only. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos