I am working with a survey that has a very large external_choices sheet, which I am using to filter choices displayed for "Case Number" based on the "Operator" selection. The survey is recognizing the filter and only showing the Case Numbers associated with the operator selected, but it is selecting ALL options and I am unable to un-select/choose one (even though the question type is 'select_one'). Any help or insight as to why this is happening is appreciated.
See xlsx form attached.
I took a look at your XLSForm and I can see the behavior that you are encountering.
In my testing, when I recreated a subset of your dataset within a separate XLSForm, the choice filter is working as expected. There are a couple of things that I would like to recommend.
1. Consider using text for the NAME of your choices as opposed to numbers
2. Please try to reconstruct your survey using Survey123 Connect and a new XLSForm. When doing this, if copying and pasting from a separate source to your XLSForm, copy into Notepad beforehand to remove any ill formatting that may be present.
As you go, please save and refresh the Form Preview in Connect, checking to see when the behavior appears. This will help us narrow down what may be causing it.
I will continue investigating on my end, and please send an update once you have tried the recommended remedy.
Thanks for the suggestions!
I reconstructed my survey and all associated tables pasting in notepad from the previous excel forms. I also tried altering the NAME of my choices to A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3...for each company and set the cell type to text, but I am still having the same functionality issues.