Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 APP issue on Android 8 Oreo

06-07-2018 04:33 PM
Anish_Adhikari
Occasional Contributor

Has anyone experienced an issue with surveys not being able to be downloaded on Android 8.0 Oreo devices? I am not sure if this issue is specific to my phone brand, but when I download a survey in the app, I get a confirmation message saying that the survey has been successfully downloaded. However, when I go and try to view the survey, it says no surveys on device and shows me the button to get surveys. If I click on it, same issue repeats. 

I have checked all the permissions for the app and it has all the permissions. 

When I repeat the same workflow on an apple ipad(using same ArcGIS online credentials), the survey downloads just fine. The survey is shared with public. 

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JeffCook1
New Contributor III

James,

The Survey 123 App is not working on my phone. I then downloaded Survey 123 Classic App and it works fine.

I really do not have a browser issue with Survey 123 on my phone.

The problem with the Survey 123 App on a Moto E4 running Android 7.1.1 is the app just displays a blank screen and my phone does not load the app.

Jeff Cook, Outdoor Recreation Analyst

Recreation Bureau

Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation

P.O. Box 83720

Boise, ID 83720-0065

(208) 514-2483

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

My apologies for misunderstanding - when you specified the link for opening Survey123, it was a link that first opens in the browser and then would open Survey123 if you selected the application (the open=menu indicates that), so I was interpreting this as an issue showing that page.  

The Moto E4 is a supported device; it is possible to debug further, if you would like, though this would probably require the installation of the Android Debug Bridge tools (Android Debug Bridge (adb)  |  Android Developers ).  Let me know if you would like to continue with that.

0 Kudos