Survey123 android app diagnostic file not created

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Polesig
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey123 on a Samsung Galaxy Tab active 3

Survey123 field app 3.19.121

Android 13

When enabling logging to debug a form, the red dot appears in the upper right corner. However when I try to get the file to share it, it is not available in the folder.

I don't see any error message when enabling or disabling logging.

The issue is not reproduced on the iOS field app 3.18.142. neither on iOS app 3.19.121

Is it a known bug for this version on Android ? Should I enable any permissions in settings ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Polesig

Just to confirm are you able to get to the Android/data/com.esri.survey123/files/ArcGIS/My Survey123/Logs and there's nothing there or are you only able to get to the Android folder and not data? 

With Android 11 Google locked down access to apps data (the Android/data folder) and it became more constrained in Android 13. We have BUG-000165596 logged regarding sharing diagnostic logs in Survey123 not being able to get to the My Survey123/Logs and are investigating a solution. 

To work around the issue you can connect the device to a PC and access the folder from Windows File Explorer. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Polesig

Just to confirm are you able to get to the Android/data/com.esri.survey123/files/ArcGIS/My Survey123/Logs and there's nothing there or are you only able to get to the Android folder and not data? 

With Android 11 Google locked down access to apps data (the Android/data folder) and it became more constrained in Android 13. We have BUG-000165596 logged regarding sharing diagnostic logs in Survey123 not being able to get to the My Survey123/Logs and are investigating a solution. 

To work around the issue you can connect the device to a PC and access the folder from Windows File Explorer. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Polesig
New Contributor III

Hello Zachary

Thank you we can still get the file by connecting with the pc.

We'll look for bug status updates.

0 Kudos