Survey123 Analyze Results not hiding hidden fields or using labels

05-24-2020 12:53 PM
StephenChignell1
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a number of hidden fields in a survey. However, when I view the results in the Analyze Results page, it displays the hidden fields and uses their names (not labels).

Since I plan to share the results through the Analyze page, I would like the hidden fields not to appear in the summary. Is this possible?

If not, is there a way to make the hidden fields use the associated labels, rather than the raw field names?

Thanks,

Steve

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the delay.  In looking at this, Survey123 Connect does not apply the labels of a hidden or calculate question (which aren't required) to the Display Name (also known as the field alias) to the field when publishing.  You can update the Display Name via the layer's Item Details.  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Steve,

Looking into this further, there are some technical limitations that prevent the label from working with hidden/calculate questions.  The bind::esri:FieldAlias field can be used to specify the alias; in addition there is a feature in beta to allow for a text/integer/otherwise visible question to be hidden.

0 Kudos