Survey123 - An error occurred while generating report

05-31-2018 01:18 AM
AnthonyJonesRSK
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, I have a survey published in Survey123 to which I have created and uploaded two report templates. Previously these reports exported without problem but now every time I try to export my survey I get the message "An error occurred while generating report". I have tried reloading my templates and even added the default one as a test but none of these now work. Also, I've attempted to create a new survey based on my original and added the templates to that but I come up against the same issue. 

Is anyone able to provide assistance to this as I'm wondering if the issue has occurred as a result of the 2.8 update as I was last able to export on the 21st May. Below I have attached the xls form and the two forms in question.

I have seen others have had this issue and the solution for them has been to clear their browser cache but this hasn't worked for me and I've tried it in both Chrome and Firefox. The report appears to take a long time to generate and then just falls over so I'm wondering if it is just timing out?

I'm aware the feature is in beta at the moment but has worked previously so any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated as the survey is currently being populated by our surveyors so I need to be able to export once completed.

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JohnWatson_EBA
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ZhifangWang, I don't know if this is a twist or not but this only happens to me when I try to preview my sample report. I can generate reports but of course that takes credits and I don't want to continue doing that when I am only testing. Can I send you my form, print report template and the jobID where it is failing? Running this on the latest version of Edge, have not tried Chrome yet. Thanks.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JohnWatson_EBA , 

Sorry for the interruption. It is a known issue that previewing a report of an individual record template will fail currently. Please use the Survey123 Beta website https://survey123beta.arcgis.com for now to test/preview your reports.

Will post an update when the issue got fixed.

ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JohnWatson_EBA ,

The fix to the preview issue of a report is available via the Survey123 June 2023 Update.

Thanks again for your feedback!

0 Kudos