Survey123 - Access to multiple choice answer

Jump to solution
10-03-2018 06:09 AM
KeithGanzenmuller
Occasional Contributor II

Using Survery123 for the first time today, set up a pretty simple form using the web based editor. I have 2 fields with mutiple choice answers. All goes well, data is collected and viewed online.

When I download the data in any form (spreadsheet, csv, shapefile...) the answers are stored as choice1 or choice2 and so on not as the plain text answer. 

So the question is: Is this by design and exptected behavior, in which case 123 is not nearly as useful for me OR did I make a mistake in the design process?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

Multiple choice questions are have a separate label that is shown to a user and a value stored in the database (as a comma-separated list of values).  It appears you used the website to create the form; during the publishing process, you can use the 'Modify Schema' to set the values to match what you would want (given that labels can be full statements, it is difficult to always automatically generate an appropriate value).  Refer to Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more details.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Keith,

Multiple choice questions are have a separate label that is shown to a user and a value stored in the database (as a comma-separated list of values).  It appears you used the website to create the form; during the publishing process, you can use the 'Modify Schema' to set the values to match what you would want (given that labels can be full statements, it is difficult to always automatically generate an appropriate value).  Refer to Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS for more details.

KeithGanzenmuller
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you James

0 Kudos