Survey123 3.9 Issues - Start Date/ select_one's

Jump to solution
04-16-2020 06:06 AM
roemhildtg
Occasional Contributor III

Just wondering if anyone has ran into the issues we're seeing. Beginning on April 4, 2020 - we started experiencing these issues. It seems to coincide with the 3.9 release (which was a couple of days before).

The issues I'm referencing appear to happen sporadically on IOS/iPad devices.

Issue #1 - Start date/times no longer populate

In the screenshot below, start dates with the field type "start" are no longer populating for some users.

Issue #2 Domain (select_one) not populating:

In this screenshot - PipeXcelCO is the value that should be populated, but for some reason "pipeline Xcel Colorado" is getting populated somewhere.

List options page:

This one I'm not so sure is an issue with survey123. It smells like user error but I thought I would throw it in here just to see if anyone has seen it before.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @roemhildtg,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

Apologies for the delay in responding.  I tested a start field named startdate and it is writing values as expected.  If this continues, you may want to file a support ticket with the user you are seeing this occur for.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

Hi James - I have another update - it sounds like users are copying the previous survey data into a new survey and this is how it is happening. There are two cases that we commonly see with regards to the startdate/enddate field types:

1. Start date is populated but has the date from the previous copied survey

2. Start date is not populated - I think this is because the start date field was added to the survey and then republished - so earlier surveys didn't have that data field. So when the user copies the survey to a new one - it brings over the empty startdate field.

I think the solution here would be to re-populate start and end field types when survey data is copied to new survey. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

0 Kudos
roemhildtg

James Tedrick‌ have you seen my previous message? We were just wondering because users keep running into the issue and I'm fairly certain this is pretty simple to reproduce. Just submit a survey, then from the sent folder, choose the option to copy the data into a new survey. It seems the calculated fields do not update and are instead copied over.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gregg,

My apologies, but I've not been able to be on GeoNet as much as I would like.  Yes, the start time is copied along with the other data when you choose to copy an existing record.  Survey123 Connect does not update domains when republishing a form; there is an enhancement request (ENH-000106608) to have it update the domain on republish.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @roemhildtg,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos