Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey suddenly not opening from Collector

03-16-2019 06:52 PM
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

I have always used the following code to open a survey from a collector feature:

arcgis-survey123://?itemID=91806295bb024ff6a55cfebe6e029a41

In the past, this would open the survey on my device and I could fill in information. I  have not been in the field for a few months and recently made a few changes to a survey. I checked to make sure this was the same code, which it was. I get a message from my device saying the survey has not been downloaded to my device, even though I just downloaded it 5 minutes before.

I have deleted all my downloaded surveys, uninstalled the Survey 123 app and reinstalled it with the same result.

Any ideas as to why this is happening?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

What version of Survey123 and Collector are you using? Also on what device (make/model/OS version)?

Are you signed into Survey123 when attempting to download the survey via the URL? Have you tried downloading the survey from the Downloads menu in the app, does that work successfully?

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChrisYoung2
Occasional Contributor

I have encountered another problem. I was able to copy and paste the Survey and Choices sheets of the XLS file into a new survey and upload it and get it to work. Only problem now, is that Survey 123 shuts down after about a minute of running. I get an error message that it has shut down and it asks me if I want to send a report. I have sent a couple now.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

Do you get an error message? Does it happen on all devices? Can you send the log files when the crash happens? 

Also, are you using a submission url on the settings sheet, is that why you were getting an error that the itemID was different to the feature service the survey should be pointing to?

Phil.

0 Kudos