Survey Stuck on Mobile Device

10-04-2019 07:54 AM
GrahamStobie1
New Contributor III

Hello

I have an issue with a survey on an iPad that will not send. I've tried a few of the suggested fixes but no luck so far - any other suggestions appreciated.

The survey itself is set up with repeats and select-multiples, and has the Inbox enabled - I think these have all been a potential source of problems in the past but the survey has been created/collected in a recent version of Survey123 so should be fine. Surveys collected before and after this one, using the same version of the survey form and following the same process, have all worked without a hitch.

The survey data has been collected by two different people, so the records are sitting on two devices (they shared the survey using the Inbox). The same issue is affecting the data on both devices. Initially the 'parent' record uploaded fine, but none of the 'child' repeat records could be sent. I've since deleted the parent record from the Feature Class in ArcGIS Online and tried sending again, but now nothing is being sent.

I've been able to copy the sqlite database to my desktop and open it on the desktop version of the app, but get the same error message when trying to send it (first image below). I've also tried opening the database using DB Browser for SQlite and checked the filepath but all looked OK (second image).

I've seen an option to extract the data to a CSV but it looks like it needs GIitHub skills/access and I have neither!

Is there anything obvious I'm doing wrong/missing, or anything else I can try?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Graham,

Did something change on the feature service or layers? Permissions, schema, settings etc? Was the survey form updated and republished recently?

What version of Connect, field app and are you using AGO or Portal (what version?)? Did you upgrade recently or change anything else?

Phil.

0 Kudos
GrahamStobie1
New Contributor III

Hi Phil

Thanks for replying. We were making a few changes to the survey arounds that time. Some additional fields were added to the survey form and it was republished, and I also installed a new version of Connect (from 3.1.xx to 3.3.51). I'm not sure about the version of the field app - the mobile devices are managed by the users so I'm not sure when they update the app versions.And we use AGO.

However there were a number of surveys completed after these changes were made and I'm only having a problem with this one...is there anything else I can try to retrieve this data?

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Graham,

The specific error is that the feature that is being edited is no longer present.  This could be either the parent feature or one of the repeats that has been edited. 

One method to export the data and begin a manual reconciliation would be to use https://github.com/tedrick/ReadS123DB  to export out a set of CSVs of the data; you could then compare the features in the updates tables to what is present in the geodatabase.

0 Kudos
GrahamStobie1
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply James. GitHub is new to me but I'll give it a go - sounds like this might be my only option.

Thanks again

Graham

0 Kudos