Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey sections missing.

08-29-2024 04:39 AM
barelypixelated
New Contributor

I've put together a survey in survey123 web. In order to add xlsform repeats (https://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/xlsformrepeats.htm), Ive published the survey, accessed it in survey123 connect where I'm going to add the repeats. However as soon as I open the survey in connect (without editing) - some large chunks of (very important) text are missing.

What I have just noticed is when I, in Survey123 web, go to 'modify schema' upon publish, the same fields that are missing from the Survery123 Connect version are missing in that dialogue.

Any ideas why some large chunks of my survey are missing in this dialogue, and subsequently the '...Connect' version of it?

The missing chunks include my survey description, and the 1st page description text (which are substantially large blocks including ethics information

Here are images of the complete survey and then the missing data. Sorry I cant seem to get them to display in the correct order

conenct_page_1.pngsurvey02.pngsurvey03.pngsurvey04.pngsurvey01.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you mixing using both editors?  Once you go to Connect you must use only that.  It used to be blocked from that.

0 Kudos
barelypixelated
New Contributor

This problem isn't being introduced when trying to bring anything back to web..this is two things: large sections of my survey has no representation in the modify schema dialogue, and, went sent to connect - the missing sections are also missing there (in the preview questionnaire )- though present in the spreadsheet 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hmm there may be some HTML in there preventing it from showing.  Temporarily remove some HTML and see if it comes back.  That is the most HTML I have ever seen in a form before.

0 Kudos
PegGronemeyer1
Regular Contributor

@barelypixelated  I have no better solution specifically (if it is not the HTML as @DougBrowning suggests), but I used to create a survey in the web app then open it in Connect because I struggled, and still do, with connect. 

Although it  "should" work, i.e. to start survey design in Web and finish in Connect, for me that caused just too many wonky things to happen. I've abandoned the web app completely and work only in Connect.   It has a steeper learning curve than web app, but once you make friends with Connect (i'm still working on that), it is much easier and you can re-use your code.  I rely heavily on the community and ESRI's sample code for the xls forms.  Good luck

0 Kudos