Survey Differences for Owner/Viewers

07-16-2018 12:15 PM
DexterSlusarski
New Contributor

Hi there, some of our users are noticing some inconsistencies with updated surveys, specifically within the survey123.arcgis.com suite of tools (data, analyze). In this specific survey we've added a supplemental question which was appended to the feature service - all of our field surveyors can see that specific question. However, our team that utilized the data via the survey123.arcgis.com seem to be looking at an older feature service that does not included the appended question/response. As the owner/publisher of the survey I can see the updated feature service and my export includes the added question. 

I've attached some screenshots of the inconsistency from the data tool. Another interesting note is that when I head over to Analyze and click set viability, the service seems to updated and grab the additional questions. This unfortunately is not transferred over to the data portion. It's an odd situation that I really am struggling to find a solution/work around. Any ideas would be appreciated! 

Tags (1)
14 Replies
AnneDunckel
New Contributor III

Sounds good. Thanks for all your support on this issue!

0 Kudos
ZoeyZh
by
New Contributor

Hello @ZhifangWang ,

I know this is an old thread, but may I ask if the issue (once the survey is shared with other viewers on Survey123 website, you cannot re-publish the survey in Survey123 Connect (or you need to delete the _stakeholder feature service view item manually before re-publishing)) has been fixed once? 

One of my clients added a new question in his survey and republished the survey from Connect and it worked well for months until recently that particular field disappeared from S123 data tab to publisher roles. It's still visible to admins and all good in AGOL even for the same publisher.

If the issue was fixed before, is there a chance that it popped up again after recent release? Thank you in advance for the help!

Zoey 

0 Kudos
JulesBarrett
New Contributor III

Good afternoon, I am having this issue as well, and I want to be very sure I understand the steps in a work-around.  I should delete the stakeholder view. Then republish from Survey123 Connect.  This will recreate the stakeholder view which will show the newly added fields which then can be viewed in Survey123 Analyze tab. Correct? 

Or, couldn't I delete the stakeholder view, and create a view from the feature layer with the same results?

Awaiting your reply

Thanks, 

Julie

0 Kudos
AnneDunckel
New Contributor III

I was having the SAME PROBLEM, thank you so much for this solution!

DexterSlusarski1
New Contributor

Thanks y'all - this worked. Perhaps it might make sense to build out some functionality to push survey updates to views going forward.