Survey 123 - XLS Form Question

05-27-2019 07:13 PM
JoshuaBlack
New Contributor

In the XLS from for Survey 123 - I am attempting to allow the following, but need suggestions on how to enter the instructions.  

I have a select_one question that is a yes/no.  After completing the question, there is a relevant selection to allow the following select_multiple question.  For each response I would like to know the integer value of the selected choices.  When I write relevant instructions for each selection as a value. The survey only allows me to enter one at a time as a select_one instead of multiple, I can still select more than one, but when I do the integer values disappear. 

I uploaded an example of my problem.   

I would like to know the value of each integer if the selection is made for the select_multiple.  I am sure it is easy and I am new to XLS form. 

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joshua,

There are 2 functions to help work with multiple choice questions in calculations:

- selected(${q}, 'CHOICE') will return true/false based on if a choice is selected.  Given the sample you provided, this is the function you should use to show/hide questions.

- selected-at(${q}, POSITION) will return the choice selected at position (i.e., 0, 1, 2, 3)