Survey 123 web Form Error

02-03-2020 12:28 PM
JeffCarney
New Contributor III

I have a form on survey 123 that when I try to access it through the web app I get this message The survey does not exist or is not accessible." what causes this error. All other forms I have developed and deployed open through the web app.

When I try to open the form, look at submitted data etc I get the error. My only option is to sign out of survey123. But even that doesn't take me back anywhere and I have to close the web page.

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JeffCarney
New Contributor III

I can open the form when downloaded to survey123 connect

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff Carney‌ / Kanin Sangcharoenvanakul‌,

Thank you for your feedback and the investigation.

Jeff, 

Can you please confirm your broken survey created in the Survey123 website contains any special characters (e.g. > greater-than sign or < less-than sign) in any question label or choice label?

We have identified a bug in the 3.8 release with the following reproduce steps:

1. Create a new survey in the Survey123 website or open an existing survey that created in the Survey123 website.

2. In the Design tab, do any change and save the survey or directly save it without any change.

3. As long as there are any "<" or ">" characters in a question label, choice label, submit button text, the survey will be broken and you cannot open it anymore in the Survey123 website.

• In the Design tab: it keeps loading, in other tabs, you may see the error message "The survey does not exist or is not accessible."

Please let me know if this is what happened to your survey.

Thanks,

Zhifang

JeffCarney
New Contributor III

There are question marks at the end of each survey question and there are some = signs in question hints. Is that my issue? If so is there any way to copy the survey and edit without having to rebuild? I can't open in web version to edit. Open it in survey 123 connect, remove special characters and, publish it be able top pen in the web version? I saw a lot of geo net posts ragrding special characters. Thanks

0 Kudos
JeffCarney
New Contributor III

I am assuming of course that quotation marks etc create the same problem.

0 Kudos
JeffCarney
New Contributor III

Underbar in field names?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the feedback.

As far as we know, it's only the > (greater than) or < (less than) sign in question label, choice label, or the submit button text will cause this issue. You can track this bug in BUG-000128390.

We will have a hotfix for this issue in a few days, after the fix, your survey should automatically recover to one of the following status:

• If the survey is created after 3.8 release on 1/22,
    • recovers to the last published status if it is published already
    • recovers to an empty survey if it's never published. (unfortunately, this is what we can do the best)
  • If the survey is created before 3.8 release,
    • recovers to the last draft or published status before 1/22.

Thanks,

Zhifang

JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff,

BUG-000128390 mentioned by Zhifang above has been fixed, would you please have another try?

Thanks,

Jody Zheng Liu

0 Kudos
Jen_Zumbado-Hannibal
Occasional Contributor

Hi. I'm having the same problem. I'm running Survey123 Connect v. 3.11. Some of my questions had the symbols you mentioned. So, I went back and fixed them all. 

The problem still persists. However, there are some funky characters in my Spanish survey version too. 

Like ¿, á, é, í, ó, ú, ¡....

Do you think any of these symbols can also be causing the same issue? 

Jen Zumbado-Hannibal, GISP
GIS Coordinator
City of Forest Grove
Forest Grove, OR 97116

0 Kudos