Survey 123 tracking code

07-05-2019 05:04 PM
LynnCarlson__GISP
Occasional Contributor

I came upon a "Tracking" code share for survey123 here - https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=eef21f25b617446ebfbb9ae0a43c01b1 - but it doesn't have any information on what it does, what is needed, how to install.  Does anyone know if it could be added to a survey to allow real time tracking data to be streamed to a stream feature layer (hosted in ArcGIS Online or in ArcGIS Enterprise).  I.e. have survey123 get more than just a geopoint for each survey location?   There is no description, installation instructions, etc.  and I haven't been able to find anything on how to implement a .survey123addin

Thank you

0 Kudos
5 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Lynn, 

There is some information available in the document Extending Survey123 for ArcGIS from the 2019 ESRI users conference. Also, I believe Add-In support for the collector app is still in development - Sneak peek—Survey123 for ArcGIS so you would need to be running a Alpha or Beta version to utilize this function, if released for testing.

LynnCarlson__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thank you - the .pdf seems to indicate that tracking in some form or another is on the horizon (.pdf is hard to read as the version I am seeing has a lot of white text on a white background....).  Appreciate you taking the time to respond!

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Lynn,

Yea, I just opened it in IE and I am seeing the same.  It does open correctly in Chrome or if you download it and open it with Acrobat.

Have a great day.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lynn,

Survey123 add-ins are currently in development and the item you found is being used for testing and development work in the alpha builds of Survey123 Connect and Field App. There is a new item type of .surveyaddin which will be used in the future to support this new feature. Currently it is not documented and there is no more information available as we have not yet even released this as available in the beta version.

Once the Survey123 beta version is available with this feature, you will be able to find out more information on the Early Adopter Community. Please stay tuned for updates...

Regards.

Phil.

LynnCarlson__GISP
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for this information - very helpful to know I am not missing something obvious!  Have an upcoming project involving tracking and trying to put together several pieces using Survey123 and ArcGIS Enterprise using GeoEvent.  So it's complicated - hoping this tracking addin comes to fruition.

Thanks again.