Survey 123 Remove old Survey Templates

04-15-2019 06:40 AM
MKa
by
Occasional Contributor III

We assign surveys to our users through our portal.  We will frequently add and remove surveys based on the time of year and the users role.  Do the old surveys get removed from the users device when they are no longer associated with a user or they have been deleted?  I am seeing a user with about 31 surveys on their device storage down ~\ArcGIS\My Surveys when they should only have 15 now.  Do we have to manually manage this, and if on an IOS device how would we do this?

We also are using the AppStudio code of 123 for another project, and we will run into the same situation?  Do we need to code the cleanup of this folder to match the surveys the user actually has permissions to?  And get rid of the old surveys?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Surveys do not get automatically deleted on the device, even if the survey is un-shared or deleted in AGO or Portal as the user may not be signed in or have unsent data.

You need to clean this up manually, either using the delete menu for each survey, or on iOS you can uninstall the app and it will remove all app data including surveys. On Windows, Android, MacOS you will need to delete the ~\ArcGIS\My Surveys\ folder to remove all the surveys and associated data (survey database and maps).

Phil.