Survey 123 problem

02-22-2017 06:58 AM
MaikGrabow
New Contributor

I've got a little problem with survey123 web. I completed succesfull the form, but after putting data in it I can't open it (In Individual Response it's loading, but nothing happens). After completing the survey I clicked on Analyze but a red sign

shows me "Cannot get necessary XForms file for the survey." Does I need any Excel File to use Survey web, I thought It's a "standalone"? Can anybody help me?

Greetings!

Survey123‌

Tags (1)
13 Replies
NatalieMarioni1
New Contributor III

I'm having this same issue. I have even created copies of the survey and sometimes it works, other times not. All settings are the same, the only thing I'm changing is the survey title. 

0 Kudos
NatalieMarioni1
New Contributor III

I think I figured it out. I think that I was forgetting to actually publish the Survey, using the link in the bottom right under the design tab. I'm now no longer getting these errors on my surveys. Hope it works for you, too!

-Natalie

JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I am using Survey123 Connect version 2.1.9 to build and publish my surveys.  I am currently unable to access the Analysis and Data tabs for any of my surveys in the Survey123 portal in a browser.  I have tried with Google Chrome browser, Microsoft Internet Explorer browser and Microsoft Edge browser - all with the same results.

Does anyone have a suggestion for this problem?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

It looks like some components of the form did not load into ArcGIS Online correctly.  Can you try to republish the form (if you've made no alterations, this will not overwrite the data)?

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

James:

Thank you for the suggestion.  I tried it and it did not work.  I may have messed things up by renaming files within my C:\Users\...\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs\SurveyName folder.  Since newly created surveys name all the files in survey folder as "Form 1.xxx", I renamed the files so that I could have more than one Excel file from other surveys open at a time to compare XLSForm scripting notes.  I also created a new folder in ArcGIS Online / My Content and moved my survey files to it for organizational reasons.  I am not sure if any of these things that I did is causing the issue with viewing the Analysis and Data tabs in S123 Web.

You and your team are so generous with helpful blog posts in GeoNet, maybe a blog post outlining what files are created on the local computer when using Survey123 Connect and whether the folder and file names can be changed or not or what impact folder and file name changes may have.  And outlining what files are created in ArcGIS Online and whether the stock folder in AGOL "Survey-[surveyname]" and files within can be modified in any way without impacting the survey and republishing of the survey.  These information may already be in the Survey123 online help and I have yet to find it.

I appreciate your time and assistance and look forward to meeting you at this year's User Conference!

Joe

0 Kudos
AldousTsang
New Contributor III

In the FAQ (http://doc.arcgis.com/en/survey123/desktop/create-surveys/faqcreatesurveys.htm#anchor13) It mentions whether you can move the files or not. The short answer is No. Any modifications will break the link. I personally learned the hard way when I tried lol.

0 Kudos
MohammadAshrafSafi
New Contributor

I had the same issues and do not know how it comes, I had a survey called "121-NPA Daily Clearance Report" with the feature Layer with the same name. 

When i cross-checked my "121-NPA Daily Clearance Report" folder there was automatically created another feature layer with 121-NPA Daily Clearance Report-Stakeholder, When i moved this to another folder or deleted this my Survey123 Data and Analysis tab start working.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Aldous:

Thank you for the FAQ link - it is very helpful.  I will start over with publishing my surveys and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin

one of my users is having this issue but I am able to load the pages fine in my browser. works for me but not others.... odd

0 Kudos