Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 few questions

02-14-2018 10:52 AM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I am trying to design survey for Asbestos monitoring in the building. I need some help to set up some fields as per requirement.

1) Our field guys need auto increment number for the sample number but I guess Survey 123 still doesn't support it. So we decided to give them sample number as a choice. Now we want for this field the number which have been used should not be available for the next new survey .

e.g If I have given them S1 , S2 , S3 & so on as a choice and if they choose number S1 for first record, for the next new record the S1 should not come as choice.

2) When they tested this initial draft of the survey they have found some difficulty to choose the choices drop down. So basically have to tap couple of times on the arrow to view the drop down list. I have tested this on all device but facing same thing, not sure why? 

3) One of field guy is using Android Motorola G4+ mobile for survey and when he try to use photo from his device Survey 123 stop responding. This error is only on his device, so could it be the phone issue?

Thanks for help in advance.

Anu

0 Kudos
11 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anu,

1) There currently isn't a way to eliminate answers that appear in a previously submitted survey

2) You are using the 'minimal' appearance for the dropdown?  You should be able to tap anywhere on the entry box to display the options - perhaps in tapping the arrow part the tap got misinterpreted as being on the edge?

3) This does sound like a device-specific issue.  I'll open an issue on this, but I don't believe we have that particular model in-house currently.

AnuSawant

Hi James,

Thanks for the prompt respond. Are we planning to have something like this in future , I know there were many request about Auto Increment number ,as it is quite useful to have something like this for sample numbers.

Regarding second answer I am using auto complete for these type of question and not minimal as there are quite a few of choices. But we faced this issue when we were trying to test this survey and its not frequent it behave sometimes OK but sometimes it just wait if we try to tap on next choice and this behavior is similar on all device. Like I have tested on phone it works fine but sometime I have to tap twice to see the choices and same on ipad and toughbook.  

I thought so it could be device specific issue as when I test it on other device it worked fine. No worries.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
AnuSawant

In the same survey I have added some part as a repeat . When click on + sign to capture next record it doesn't take us to the start of the page. So expectation is when field guy start taking the new record should take him to the start of the page where as he has to manually scroll up the screen to start taking reading. Its annoying for the large survey.

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Referencing our blog post https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/11/25/creating-ticket-numbers-in-survey123-for...

in case it gives you some ideas to go about creating unique sample IDs.

AnuSawant

Hi Ismael,

Thanks for the link, I have tried creating couple of options and waiting for responce from our field team.

I am trying to use template to print the report for the same survey I am getting two errors while testing the template.

One is about the field and another is about the date format. Since I am having some part as i a repeat format, also when I generate the report I get blank field output. Sorry I just dont understand how the repeat logic works in template. Can you or James give me headstart?

Thanks,.

Anu

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Anu,

In the template, does the section using fields in the building_sample_details section begin with ${#building_sample_detials} and end with ${/building_sample_details} ?  That looks to be the first error; the second may be a side effect (the format as displayed in the error looks correct).

AnuSawant

Thanks James.....got it now. was missing this bit ${#building_sample_detials} .

But still getting error with the date format. Have tried using the same from exisitng template in Survey 123 which is   "  ${survey_date | format:"MM/DD/YYYY"}  ".

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Can you share the docx file?

0 Kudos
AnuSawant

please refer to attch document.

Thanks 

Anu