Survey 123 Feature layer

02-27-2019 01:56 PM
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

i have a survey i'm creating for water treatment plants. The data that's collected is the pump meter read for each day to determine the hours the pump ran.  if i wanted to view the pump meter numbers from the previous day on the from before i enter the new pump meter, could this be done? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jevita,

Are you talking about the location map inside the survey on the actual form for a new collect, or on the Inbox map? It is possible to display all of your points on the Inbox map, based on the existing features in the feature layer when you refresh the Inbox.

However, if you are referring to the location map inside the survey, this is not possible. This map is currently only used to display the location of the point you are collecting. Other layers and features can not be displayed in this map. That being said, we are currently working on enhancements to improve the location map to support polyline and polygons, as well as other types of map services such as webmaps, not just basemaps, which would then have the ability to display other points or layers as you requested.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

No I’m not talking about a location map, I’m talking about the actual form for a new survey.

Example: in order for the field person to know how long the pump ran they need the read from the current day (today) and the day before (yesterday). On the form I have input for the current pump read but I wanted to view the read form the previous day on the form.

Can this be done?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jevita,

No this is not currently possible, you can not view data from a different survey record (different feature) in a new survey. The only way possible you could try and do this would be if you are using repeats (related tables) in your survey, and each new meter read was a new record in the repeat, which means it is part of the same parent layer, so that would only work if each meter read was at the same location on the same parent.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

Im not trying to few data from a different feature layer. I’m trying to view data from the same feature layer. For ex, I’m inputting the pump information for “TODAY” I would like to also view the information from the reading from the day before “YESTERDAY”

0 Kudos
JohnStowell
New Contributor III

Is it possible for you to use Collector with a related table for this data being collected? 

You could have base point data (treatment plant locations) and perform an inspection record on the specified point to collect the pump meter number. Collector also lets you view previous inspections (eg. previous daily pump numbers). 

The data being collected sounds like a small amount, so maybe that's an option for you.

0 Kudos
JevitaWebster
New Contributor III

I never thought of using collector

0 Kudos