Survey 123 and Collector - Portal

10-23-2017 12:12 PM
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

I have been able to create a Survey123 that links to portal. I have gotten to the point that when I click the link to add inspection within Collector, it will open Survey123 and open the survey.

Back end information:

I have created a table that relates to the feature class. 

• Cardinality: 1-M
  • Name: GatewaySign
  • Primary Key: GlobalID
  • Foreign Key: ParentID
  • Destination Table Name: GatewaySignInspection

Within the xlsForm I added the following row:

• type: text   (will switch to hidden once I get this to work)
  • name: ParentID
  • label: Parent ID
  • bind::esri:fieldType : esriFireldTypeGUID

In the collector map, configure pop up,  I have created the hyperlink to open the survey123:

• arcgis-survey123://?itemid=427517a8e0fb49138bedba1e64d0adde&field:ParentID={GlobalID}

The issue I am getting is the survey data will not return to the collector data. Here is the error I am getting:

SEVEREOct 23, 2017, 2:53:13 PMAn error occurred.Collector/CollectorGatewaySigns.MapServer
SEVEREOct 23, 2017, 2:53:13 PMEdit for the Feature in Layer: 1 is not applied.Collector/CollectorGatewaySigns.MapServer
SEVEREOct 23, 2017, 2:53:13 PMError: A general error when something is wrong with a Field. [ParentID].Collector/CollectorGatewaySigns.MapServer

Thoughts

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris

Just to rule out the obvious - can you confirm that you have updated the form_id in settings to match the name of the related table? This is a requirement because you are targeting the related table directly.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ChrisGoessl
New Contributor III

John,

Thanks for the reply. I did change the form_id to match the table name.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Is the Collector web map set up for disconnected use (locally downloaded)?  There's a difference in how GlobalIDs are passed in the URL when being used live and disconnected.  See this comment in https://community.esri.com/message/710982-re-survey123-feature-class-as-a-related-table?commentID=71...  for a discussion on this.