Survery123 Date function

Jump to solution
06-09-2022 02:18 PM
eyohannes
New Contributor II

I'm attempting to create an inventory that lists when certain projects are slated to start/end versus when they actually started/ended. 

Certain projects have already concluded. For such projects, their exact end date is known so I used the "Date" function. However, certain projects are still ongoing - thus I'd also need an option that says "ongoing/ in progress". If at all possible, how might I have the date option and a "ongoing/in progress" option in the same cell? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @eyohannes

Due to how data is stored in ArcGIS it's not possible to store text in a date question. If you want to store both text and dates in the same question it would be best to use a text question and then have the dates calculated or have the user manually input a date in the text box. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @eyohannes

Due to how data is stored in ArcGIS it's not possible to store text in a date question. If you want to store both text and dates in the same question it would be best to use a text question and then have the dates calculated or have the user manually input a date in the text box. 

Thank you,
Zach