Select to view content in your preferred language

Summary Report Template Error

06-04-2024 02:55 PM
JamiBrislan
New Contributor II

I am trying to build a simple summary report to create a table of several values pulled from individual survey records. I feel like I am missing something basic, though I can't see what it is in reading through the summary report documentation. 

The only two fields I have that are within a repeat are ${UpperPointLat} and ${UpperPointLong}. All of the other fields are only collected once per survey.

Every time I try to upload the template, I receive this error message: "An error occurred when checking the report template. Failed to parse ${Segment_Desc} since Segment_Desc cannot be found in the current parsing scope." If I remove that ${Segment_Desc} entirely, the next field in the table gets the same error message.

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MondayTutorials
New Contributor

Hi @JamiBrislan , welcome to the community. It would help if you can send in your excel file for this as well so we have a better understanding of how it was set up

0 Kudos
MatthewCarey
Occasional Contributor

Have you tried going to Manage Templates > Download Sample Template > Summary and taking a look at that and seeing what the differences are between that and your template? You may also want to then upload that sample template and generate a report and see if it produces what you would expect.

I've found that useful in the past to catch issues that I've overlooked.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Can you please upload your XLSX. We can't really help without that since we don't know what your layout looks like otherwise.

I.e., the Report Template may be correctly formatted, but that doesn't mean it's "correct".

0 Kudos