Select to view content in your preferred language

Summarize per field calculation in repeat table.

07-31-2024 10:27 PM
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

Hi currently I have my users recording "plantation locations" (with some attributes) in a main table and I have a repeat table that lists the "plants planted" (planted species and numbers of planted species).

So I have a "Sum" calculation in order to have the "total plants" per plantation location.

In addition, there is a unique field in the main table that gets copied in the repeated table, lets name it "FormID".

Is there a way to have a calculation of the "total plants" per "FormID"?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In general, yes, that sort of thing is possible. But where are you expecting the calculation to happen, and where do the results get stored? And how is this information being used? If the FormID comes from the main table, isn't the total per FormID the same as the total per plantation location?

If your users don't need this metric directly in the form itself, consider using something like a dashboard to convey this information instead.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

Sorry Josh for not providing some context.

So in cell C18, I have a counter per planting location that notifies the user about the total plants planted (calculated at cell B18) at this specific location.

However, the user needs the counter to be reseted each time he re-edits the planting location e.g. changes the cell's B20 value to another year.

I was thinking the cell B4 "FormID" could be the cell that reseted my values.

Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos