Standard Offline Basemap - Enable Sync

Jump to solution
03-03-2020 06:13 PM
Jing_Sun
Esri Contributor

Hello All,

In the Publish Options section of this page, Enable Sync is required if the survey uses an offline basemap.

Publish your survey—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

I wonder if this is still required if the offline basemap we plan to use does not have any feature layer. 

We have published the survey with this option disabled, then successfully downloaded and using the offline basemap in the field app. What would the potential issue be in this scenario?

Any comment would be appreciated. Thank you.

Cheers,

Sun

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jing,

Apologies for the delay.  I agree the wording in the doc is a bit confusing. Enable Sync was introduced as an option to allow a web map using the survey data to be able to be taken offline using the 'Offline Areas' web map setting and the 'Manage Areas' interface. This would make a map with the survey data offline-able in Explorer, Collector and in the future, Survey123 (once standard mapping leaves beta).  It does not directly relate to other web maps that do not contain the survey data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jing,

Apologies for the delay.  I agree the wording in the doc is a bit confusing. Enable Sync was introduced as an option to allow a web map using the survey data to be able to be taken offline using the 'Offline Areas' web map setting and the 'Manage Areas' interface. This would make a map with the survey data offline-able in Explorer, Collector and in the future, Survey123 (once standard mapping leaves beta).  It does not directly relate to other web maps that do not contain the survey data.