Some users are not able to successfully download any surveys in the Survey 123 app

05-11-2017 12:55 PM
Tompkins_Michael
New Contributor

Some users are not able to successfully download any surveys in the Survey 123 app.  The user opens the survey 123 app on Windows ( version 2.0) and logs in, the user is able to see surveys shared with them, but the download is failing, the progress bar starts at complete, no messages are displayed, and the app must be closed to exit.  Other users are able to download the same surveys with no problems at all.  Have tried re-installing survey 123, and sign in and out, computer restarts.  About 30% of users are affected in my office.  Anyone else seen this, or have a solution?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Tompkins_Michael
New Contributor

The problem must be related to the specific computer.  Any user who logs in and opens Survey 123 on an affected computer will be unable to download surveys on that machine.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

As an alternative approach, you can attempt to manually copy the survey form information from device to device.  On a survey that has successfully downloaded the form go to C:\Users\<username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys .  You will see a list of directories.  The surveys are stored in the directories that are random-isa characters (the item IDs of the surveys in ArcGIS Online or your Portal.  Copy the survey directories to the same location on the destination computer.

0 Kudos
Tompkins_Michael
New Contributor

I manually copied the survey form inforamtion to the \My Surveys folder and the survey does show up in the app and open, but the survey still could not download the offline map tpk, or submit the survey.  So this did not work.  On several machines, users can download and install survey 123, they can login, they see surveys shared with them, but all surveys fail to download for all users on the machine.  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Michael,

I'm wondering if there are any IT settings that the machines with problems have compared to ones that work.  All the machines (the ones that work and the ones that don't) are the same models?

0 Kudos
Tompkins_Michael
New Contributor

Generally speaking the machines are all similar laptops, Dell Latitude E6410 and Dell Latitude E6410ATG, with  Windows 7 and MS Office 2016.  Are there any required resources which are generally assumed to be available, which might not be?  I don't see many differences between working and non working machines.

0 Kudos