Select to view content in your preferred language

Simultaneous data capture for the same feature but populating different attributes

11-13-2023 06:16 AM
GeorgeF
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have the below workflow for inspections:

There are X amount of activities (check-list) to check against. There are Y user roles that should be able to check against X (there can be more than 1 user role able to check/submit data against 1 activity).

There is no sequential process, as in: User Role 1 first, the User role 2, etc.

Instead the need is for multiple user roles to be able to submit their checklist record against 1 feature layer and populate different columns of the same feature (row) and it is likely that they might be doing it at the same time. They do not need to have visibility of the other records populated by the other roles.

The workflow I design is:

-1 Master Survey with all required fields

-Subsequent User Role dependent Surveys with selected fields visible, all pointing to the Master survey feature layer

-Enable inbox to ensure the same record will be edited.

Can I sense check with you if this is a valid workflow?

Is there room for optimisation as there can be a lot of subsequent forms to enable parallel data capture on the same feature?

Thank you,

George

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

I think this could be very tricky to implement because users will easily overwrite each other's edits. If each role was responsible for a set of unique activities, I think it could be done, but if you have more than one role able to check/uncheck the same activity, I do not see how this could be modelled.

0 Kudos